WHAT IS ROADRIDER 2.0?
The program is comprised of two courses/levels, designed to start with Beyond the Basics, then build on your new skills and techniques with the Advanced Street Challenge. Wrap up your new confidence and ability in the Advanced Street Challenge with a gymkhana course to help quantify the lessons and skills learned throughout the program.
We cover a broad range of advanced coaching. Here are some core areas that we cover:
- Vision skills
- Body position
- Cornering technique, strategy and the mechanics involved (we have some excellent confidence building classes/exercises that really make a difference)
- Braking: panic situations and trail braking
- Motorcycle maintenance (we perform a tech inspection with students)
- Tire/suspension discussion
- Group and solo riding essentials
- Safety gear discussion
- Practice riding on a closed course race track for 2 sessions taking advantage of all the “built-in forgiveness” that a world class facility has to offer
Your gear should be good street gear – boots that cover your ankles, sturdy jacket and pants, gloves and helmet. Look at the weather forecast for the day and make sure you have appropriate gear for the weather. We will still run this course rain or shine so be prepared.
Your bike doesn’t need to be track prepped but it should be in good working order with no leaks or stuff falling off. Make sure your tires are in good shape with correct pressures set – they don’t have to be new but bald is not okay. Also check your oil and coolant levels as you want your motor to be ready to rock.
You may want to bring some snacks, water and electrolyte replacement drink. The mornings can be chilly so dress warmly for your ride in.
At the track
Please plan on arriving to the track by 7:15 so you can complete registration. If class is on a weekday, leave extra early because traffic on Highway 37 is pretty bad.
Registration will be at the same place as the track day sign in area but let them know you are with the RoadRider 2.0 school. Class will run until about 6:00 pm.
Check out the article about our RoadRider 2.0 program in City Bike.