I took up riding for my husband…after attending 2.0 I’m riding for me.Cheryl E.
I overcame my limitations and became a much more confident street rider.Randy M.
Riding on Sonoma Raceway was on my bucket list for years. So glad I got the opportunity.Michael B.
WHAT IS ROADRIDER 2.0 – BEYOND THE BASICS?
Our 1-day course provides comprehensive training in all aspects of street riding. The best part of our class is our student to teacher ratio. We offer lots of 1:1 coaching and we keep the class sizes small so we are able to get to know the students and teach dynamically to the individual’s needs. Plus, we include two on-track sessions to practice what you’re learning in the safest and most amazing environment around – Sonoma Raceway!
This means essentially two things:
- Personalized coaching so whether you are a beginner or advanced rider, we teach to your ability and experience level.
- We are able to address every student according to what they need, filling the gaps of their riding knowledge outside of the standard curriculum.
We cover a broad range of advanced coaching. Here are some core areas that we address:
- Vision skills
- Body position
- Cornering technique, strategy and the mechanics involved (we have some excellent confidence building classes/exercises that really make a difference)
- Braking: panic situations and trail braking
- Motorcycle maintenance (we perform a tech inspection for the students)
- Tire/suspension discussion
- Group and solo riding essentials
- Safety gear discussion
- Practice riding on a closed course race track for 2 sessions taking advantage of all the “built-in forgiveness” that a world class facility has to offer
Your gear should be good street gear – boots that cover your ankles, sturdy jacket and pants, gloves and helmet. Look at the weather forecast for the day and make sure you have appropriate gear for the weather. We will still run this course rain or shine so be prepared.
Your bike doesn’t need to be track prepped but it should be in good working order with no leaks or stuff falling off. Make sure your tires are in good shape with correct pressures set – they don’t have to be new but bald is not okay. Also check your oil and coolant levels as you want your motor to be ready to rock.
You may want to bring some snacks, water and electrolyte replacement drink. The mornings can be chilly so dress warmly for your ride in.
At the track
Please plan on arriving to the track by 7:15 so you can complete registration. If class is on a weekday, leave extra early because traffic on Highway 37 is pretty bad.
Registration will be at the same place as the track day sign in area but let them know you are with the RoadRider 2.0 school. Class will run until about 6:00 pm.
2018 ROADRIDER 2.0 DATES
August 14th (more info soon)